[OTR-users] otr support in gajim?

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 23:19:43 EST 2008

Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> I hope OTR makes its way back into Gajim.  OTR is a really nice system
> and Gajim is a really nice Jabber client (it's like Pidgin but done
> properly IMO). The perfect match really.

Gajim 0.12 will feature client-to-client encryption, taking advantage of
XEP 0116, thus effectively removing the need for OTR. Of course, the
Jabber client on the other end has to support XEP 0116 as well, but
that's no different than both supporting OTR. I suspect more and more
clients will be XEY 0116 compatible.

--
                       _
Aaron Toponce         ( )  ASCII Ribbon Campaign