[OTR-users] pidgin-otr install errors

William william at escapevelocitypub.com
Sun May 18 17:44:16 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm currently trying to re-install pidgin-otr-3.1.0
on Mandriva2006.

I had it working once but had to do a OS re-install

Running Pidgin 2.2.2

I run:

./configure --prefix=/usr

and get the following error:

checking for otrl_message_receiving in -lotr... yes
checking for EXTRA... configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0
 >= 2.6 gtk+-2.0 >= 2.6 pidgin >= 2.0 purple >= 2.0) were not met:

Package pidgin was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pidgin.pc'
No package 'pidgin' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables EXTRA_CFLAGS
and EXTRA_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.