[OTR-users] irssi-otr 0.1 released

Uli M a.sporto+bee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 04:57:11 EDT 2008

Sry for the late answer, for some reason my earlier posts got lost.

On Thu 19.06.08 23:29, Paul Wouters wrote:

> > > Cool. I'll create an rpm for inclusion into fedora (as I'm already the
> > > maintainer for all other otr related packages :)
> >
> > That's great thanks! You'll probably need a tarball for that which
> > includes the three private irssi headers that cmake usually downloads.
> > I'll put one up.
>
> Yes. I noticed that when I build it. It would make my life a lot
> easier if you can provide those, instead of me needing to write patches
> or sources for it.

I have just released v0.2 and the new web page with a link to tarballs is
http://irssi-otr.tuxfamily.org

> > So you're running irssi-otr against pidgin/IRC? I've never tried that
> > combination although it should work. I have no idea what the problem is
> > (there shouldn't be one) but I'll test it myself and see. Don't know why
> > those refreshs occur, maybe that's where the problem lies...
>
> Yes, that's what I tried.

That's fixed in v0.2. Problem was that pidgin and irssi-otr use different
fragmentation thresholds (maximum message sizes) which lead irssi-otr to try to
reassemble messages that didn't need reassembling (only by libotr). I do hope
libotr4 will have both sides agree on a maximum message size to avoid such
problems.

Uli