[OTR-users] OTR Proxy and OS X

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Jul 8 13:32:48 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:41:58AM -0400, Scott Dexter wrote:
> Anyone else getting errors with OTR Proxy on OS X.  It was working up until
> the most recent update from Apple.
>
> Process:         OTR Proxy [262]
> Identifier:      OTR Proxy
> Version:         ??? (???)
> Code Type:       PPC (Translated)
> Parent Process:  launchd [162]

We don't have any OS X people on the dev team right now, so support for
otrproxy has kind of stagnated.  Most OTR users on OS X are using Adium,
which has OTR support built in.

I remember someone built an x86 native version of it at one point; could
you try that one and see if it solves your immediate problem?

Would anyone here like to be the otrproxy point person?  It's written in
C++ with wxWidgets.

Thanks,