[OTR-users] Plugin does not show up in Pidgin

Michael Goerz goerz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Apr 3 20:08:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008, Brian Morrison wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:08:42 -0700
> Konrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org> wrote:
>
> > > Yeah, but no RPM here.
> > >
> > > Michael
> >
> > Any reason you can't use the rpm provided by SuSE?
>
> My very next question!
Always having the latest version, and choosing my own compilation
option... Pidgin just happens to be one of the projects that I follow
closely, so I always install it from source (it used to be that SuSE was
pretty far behind, but I think these days they are pretty quick with
RPMs).

Anyway, for some reason the problem solved itself. Today, miraculously,
the plugin showed up. Maybe a reboot was necessary (for whatever
reason). I had only restarted Pidgin before.

Thanks to all,
Michael