[OTR-users] Plugin does not show up in Pidgin

db db.netres at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 03:32:11 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Michael Goerz <goerz at physik.fu-berlin.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I tried to install the pidgin-otr-3.1.0 plugin from source on a SuSE
>  10.3 system, by doing
>  configure
>  make
>  make install
>  The output from all three commands is in the attachment. However, the
>  Plugin does not appear in the Pidgin plugin list. This is Pidgin version
>  2.4.1, compiled from source. I already tried to create a symbolic link
>  /usr/local/lib/pidgin/pidgin-otr.so
>  /usr/local/lib/pidgin/pidgin-otr.la
>  in my ~/.purple/plugins folder, but that had no effect. Any advice?

This discussion took place at the irc channel yesterday.

(2:17:15 PM) Binary-G: Greetings all.  I've recently compiled and installed
v2.4.1 on Ubuntu 7.10, and everything is fine, but Sametime isn't available.
 What did I miss?
(2:21:11 PM) resiak: you didn't have the sametime -dev headres installed
(2:21:24 PM) resiak: seriously folks, we should make ./configure fail hard
by default
(2:23:48 PM) Binary-G: ok thx.   so I just add the meanwhile-dev lib from
synaptic or apt-get?
(2:26:28 PM) resiak: Binary-G: apt-get build-dep pidgin will get you all the
dependencies you need to build pidgin with the same features as in the
ubuntu package

Maybe it is the same problem?