[OTR-users] i need help with OTR

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Sep 22 06:34:45 EDT 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:34:29 -0700 (PDT)
forrest cox <crsfug at yahoo.com> wrote:

> i am in hell. i cant figure out how to send a message, or add a buddy or anythin g. i try to send a message but nothing happens. icq 363-994-285, please, i know im an idiot, but i cant talk to my associates without pidgin + OTR

Two questions:

1) Have you generated an OTR key for your IM account(s)?

2) Do you correspondents have OTR-capable IM clients installed?

Both of these things need to be there or at best they'll be receiving
ciphertext and at worst nothing.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html