[OTR-users] Re: automatic end-private on logoff?

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:29:49 EDT 2007

use OTR on Pidgin for AIM.

If I'm in a private conversation with someone and user #1 logs off,   #2
still thinks the conversation is private.

If #2 sends a message, AIM Mobile sends "junk" to my cell phone, instead of
clear text.
If #1 logs on from another computer,  the first message is lost, but then
OTR resyncs with the new private key. (new computer also has OTR).

I think OTR should automatically "end-private-conversation" when a log off
message is received.  What do others think?

Robert