[OTR-users] Cannot start private conversation

Sturgess, Chris csturgess at fppartners.com
Tue Oct 23 10:27:27 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am unable to start a private conversation with another user. We are
both using Pidgin 2.2.1 with OTR 3.1.0-1 on Windows. When clicking the
OTR button, the message window says it's attempting to start the private
conversation with the user, but nothing happens afterwards. There isn't
anything of interest in debug window when clicking the button, so I'm
wondering if it's a network issue.

How does OTR perform its initial handshake? Could it be one or both of
us have a port blocked that must be open?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail is confidential and/or legally privileged and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. In this regard, if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by reply e-mail immediately and then delete this message from your system.

Thank you for your cooperation.