[OTR-users] pidgin, jabber, otr and offline messages

Michael Reichenbach michael_reichenbach at freenet.de
Fri Nov 9 19:08:03 EST 2007

It seamed I had still an active otr session with my interlocutor. He
gone offline before and he ended the private conversation.
OTR Error: You sent encrypted data to jabberid, who
wasn't expecting it. Many times... All messages lost.

Next issues, my interlocutor is offline and I want to send him some
messages he shall read next time he goes online. Each time I write
something it comes Attempting to start a private conversation...
jabberid: text... All messages will be also lost.

Otr is working stable and well now if both are online. But if someone
loses connection, goes offline or is offline it won`t work well.

We also set to require private messenging and then you can`t even send a
message if the other one is offline. An important feature got lost
(offline messages). Isn`t it possible to make otr work also with stored
messages on the server?

I would love to see the offline message support a bit improved.