[OTR-users] OTR HTML formatting problem using Miranda/Gaim/more?

Mange mangylj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 13:22:56 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've experienced a similar problem as this guy:
http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2006-July/000707.html
He is using the AOL protocol, while I'm using Jabber, so it does not
seem to be a problem with the protocol.

Whenever I send my buddy a message through Gaim with OTR on, certain
HTML tags (such as br) gets displayed, quotes and other special
characters get HTML-encoded.

It does not seem to be Gaim that is the problem, as this thread from
the Gaim bug list discerns:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100235&aid=1667227&group_id=235

I'm using the latest Gaim and gaim-otr-plugin on a Gentoo box.
My buddy is using the latest (0.6.7) Miranda Unicode version on an XP box.

Does anyone else have this problem, and why does it exist? :]

Cheers,
Mange