[OTR-users] Gaim OTR is only for' geeks', to complicated for regular users, suggestion.....

Felix Schaefers Felix_Schaefers at web.de
Tue Feb 20 16:32:12 EST 2007

A plugin or extra software is always complicated, as long as the
companies don't integrate it directly it won't be used by many people
due to laziness. "Why use encryption when chatting works without?" For
normal chats Gaim is easy, but especially teens (except me ;) ) just
need the games, the smilies, the blinking stuff from msn and co. and
thus won't use gaim. Nevertheless, I convinced several to switch when
they were tired of starting 2 messengers each time they went online.
I find OTR easy enough to install, solutions like Gaim portable make it
even more easier. Isn't it possible to offer a prepackaged Gaim+OTR from
the Gaim website directly?

Philipp