[OTR-users] @developers, may I create a german OTR website?

readytogo2 readytogo2 at freenet.de
Fri Feb 2 19:01:11 EST 2007

Yes. Two trees of source isn`t a good idea. Is gettext the most common
way to create multilang projects? It doesn`t seam that easy.

my nomination:
- Default lagunage: English.
- Inside the sourcecode you use variables instant of text for one of the
next versions of otr.
- The variabels will load before. Load lang_standard (english).
- If the user changes languange to it`s native one you will load
lang_native and overwrite most (incase not everything is translated) or
all old lang variabels (if everything is translated well).

Hard to explain this with my little programming experience. I hope I
could make clear what I mean. However, it won`t be to much new code to
write for multilang support as there is not so much text right now.