[OTR-users] Make fails on otrproxy-0.3.1

Justin Polazzo jmp at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 11 20:37:32 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Reichenbach" <michael_reichenbach at freenet.de>
Cc: otr-users at lists.cypherpunks.ca

> But ignoring that problem for a second: if you're using pidgin, why are
> you using otrproxy as opposed to pidgin-otr?
>
> I thought I had to use both? pidgin-otr for the snap-in (kinda like gaim-encryption), and otr-proxy for the proxy part of OTR?
>
> Am I totally off base on this one? Is otrproxy only if you are doing command-line messaging?

Otr is easy to use, it`s also more easy to understand and set up then
pgp. I think you did think a bit to complicated. ;)

You are totally right. I was a complete moron, and had OTR working, but neglected to click on the "enable me/gen key" from the GUI. (O_o)

Oh well, hopefully my stupid mistake will help correct a bug in the ./configure for otrproxy in return for filling up your inboxes :-)

thanks again for all the help!

-jmp