[OTR-users] Make fails on otrproxy-0.3.1

Michael Reichenbach michael_reichenbach at freenet.de
Tue Dec 11 20:25:58 EST 2007

Justin Polazzo schrieb:
> [...]

Hi Justin,

that`s basically the wrong way. No need for otr proxy if you use pidgin.
Also not much need to compile something yourself if you just want to use it.

- just use your package manager
- install pidgin
- install pidgin-otr
- activate it in pidgin plugins
- done with install
- set up options you like in otr plugin options
- create your fingerprint
- start chatting and authenticating

Otr is easy to use, it`s also more easy to understand and set up then
pgp. I think you did think a bit to complicated. ;)

regards