[OTR-users] Problem with otr 3.0.0 and gaim 2 beta 6 (Installed but not showing in plugins list)

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Sun Apr 8 12:22:33 EDT 2007

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Matt Joyce wrote:

> I finally managed to get the plugin installed (had to install the
> patch for beta 2, then alter the linking in the one file because of
> the renaming of gtkstock.h to gaimstock.h in gtk-dialog.c)

The debian or fedora packages should provide a source you can use
instead of manual patching. (but even better would be a full release
that supports the latest "stable beta" gaim).

> The plugin then successfully installed in the /usr/gaim/lib/gaim
> directory at least the following files are there:
>
> gaim-otr.la
> gaim-otr.so

You only need gaim-otr.so, and you probably want it in /usr/lib/gaim or
/usr/lib64/gaim. Find another of its plugins, eg libjabber.so, and you
know where the plugin directory is on your system.

Paul