[OTR-users] Problem with otr 3.0.0 and gaim 2 beta 6 (Installed but not showing in plugins list)

Matt Joyce mttjocy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 09:47:52 EDT 2007

I finally managed to get the plugin installed (had to install the
patch for beta 2, then alter the linking in the one file because of
the renaming of gtkstock.h to gaimstock.h in gtk-dialog.c)

The plugin then successfully installed in the /usr/gaim/lib/gaim
directory at least the following files are there:

gaim-otr.la
gaim-otr.so

My gaim is installed into /usr/gaim however when I restart gaim OTR
still does not show up in the list of plugins I have no idea why,
could anyone here help me with it.