[OTR-users] Has anyone else had a problem with seeing their own messages as OTR encrypted strings ?

rapidset rapidset0 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 26 14:44:17 EST 2006

Paul,
  It was on yahoo, and that buddy and I share a single logon so there
shouldn't be more than a 1:1 relationship of accounts and I was/am only
logged in from 1 location
  The person I was talking to was on a Mac and was using an Adium client
to connect to yahoo and he didn't have the same issue that I did

  There is a plugin that could be interacting, and that is the message
splitter plugin
    (
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=390395&aid=1242218&group_id=235
)
 I disabled it to test and the problem went away, so at least I have the
culprit identified
 I have that plugin set to split lines at 549 characters and the
messages I was seeing were only 339 characters so ideally it shouldn't
be involved

  Thanks for the quick reply, now its just a matter finding out if it
can be easily fixed