[OTR-users] Gaim 2.0.0beta3 - the special gaim OTR plugin crash

GW gwSPAM at tnode.com
Fri Jul 14 15:00:06 EDT 2006

Hello.

I would like to report that at least on my Windows XP SP2 box in a
custom patched build of gaim2.0.0cvs gaim OTR works, but its GUI
representation (the buttons) don't look nice. Once I also managed to get
it to insert multiple same buttons in one window.

The main reason why am I writting this email is the following bug: If I
talk with someone under gaim OTR and after the conversation I want to
close it's conversation window (the tab) gaim segfaults.

Currently I don't have enough time to test it under normal
gaim2.0.0beta3 or try to recompile gaim OTR...

I read somewhere in the archives that the next version of gaim OTR won't
be released until gaim2.0.0 is. Imho it will take quite some time before
it will be released, but it's slowly getting stable. So, why don't you
do a beta-release with extra debuging options active (if the gaim peolpe
can do beta releases, why shouldn't you) - a beta plugin for a beta
program)? Hm, but on the other hand this would produce a lot of not
needed bug reports and corrections (because maybe the stable release of
gaim will be different).

Anyway, the plugin looks promissing and keep up the good work.

      gw