[OTR-users] OTR proxy or OTR plugin with Miranda IM

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Feb 7 17:27:34 EST 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Cindy Salwen wrote:

> Has anyone successfully used the OTR proxy with Miranda IM?  When I run the
> proxy I can't get Miranda to go on line.  I've tried different settings, but no
> success.

I just tried it and it did not work for me. Things i noticed:

1) you need to go into the plugin option tab and click otr and generate keys per
   protocol manually
2) opportunistic did not seem to work.
3) set to "always otr" seemed to work and I got an established connection, but
   that connection then just showed garbage messages.

Scott: I'd gladly do more testing and work with you to get the plugin working.

Paul