[OTR-users] OTR and portable GAIM

Scott Fringer scott.fringer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 18:14:32 EDT 2006

Portable Gaim is designed to run from a USB stick and be totally
independent of the host PC (settings and what-not are stored on the
stick) so you can take your IM with you.

It's been a while since I set mine up, but I am successfully using OTR
with Gaim portable.  I think the part I'm remembering is that OTR
expects Gaim to be installed on the hard drive, and can't find a
portable install - so I had to install to a PC-based Gaim install and
then transfer the plugin to my USB stick.  Regardless - if there's
more questions, I can check the details when I fire up Gaim at the
office tomorrow.

Scott