[OTR-users] New gaim-otr and otrproxy ready for beta testing

CLAY SHENTRUP CLAY at BROKENLADDER.COM
Mon Oct 17 16:21:33 EDT 2005

For added giggles, throw TOR into the mix. Yum.

Clay Shentrup
California Pacific Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

On 17 Oct 2005 14:06:23 -0400, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> Sounds good. For v1 fallback, probably this should be per-buddy
> configurable whether to allow v1 or not.
>

> Note to package maintainers: please don't package the betas; we hope to
> release this version in short order. [And when we *do* release it,
> remember that it's a security fix, for package formats that can
> accomodate such notations.]
>
> OK, but for my own testing I'd want to package it so I can flip back
> and forth. Could you make a 'make dist' tarball via automake, and set
> the version to something like 2.8.0 if you are planning 3.0, or 2.1.8
> if you are planning 2.2, following the old GNU 'alpha' convention?
> I'd update pkgsrc and see how that goes (so if trouble you can fix
> before release) but not commit the changes until you have a real
> release.
>

> --
> Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>

NUMBER OF COALTION SOLDIERS KILLED IN IRAQ AS OF OCT 10, 2005: 1970
SEE THEIR NAMES HERE: http://icasualties.org/oif/US_NAMES.aspx

SEE THE CIVILIAN TOLL HERE: http://www.iraqbodycount.net/