[OTR-users] New gaim-otr and otrproxy ready for beta testing

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Oct 17 14:06:23 EDT 2005

Sounds good.  For v1 fallback, probably this should be per-buddy
configurable whether to allow v1 or not.

  Note to package maintainers: please don't package the betas; we hope to
  release this version in short order.  [And when we *do* release it,
  remember that it's a security fix, for package formats that can
  accomodate such notations.]

OK, but for my own testing I'd want to package it so I can flip back
and forth.  Could you make a 'make dist' tarball via automake, and set
the version to something like 2.8.0 if you are planning 3.0, or 2.1.8
if you are planning 2.2, following the old GNU 'alpha' convention?
I'd update pkgsrc and see how that goes (so if trouble you can fix
before release) but not commit the changes until you have a real
release.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>