[OTR-users] IRC

gorilla gorilla at i2pmail.org
Tue May 17 08:45:12 EDT 2005

Hi

I can't find any reference to which protocols the gaim OTR plugin
handles - does it do all of them?

I can't get OTR to work with IRC. When I click the 'OTR:not private'
button, I get an OTR Error popup window saying "We received a malformed
Key Exchange message from BlahBlah". The other client gets this text
coming up in the chat window:

*blah:* <b>test2 at irc.freenode.net</b> has requested an <a
href="http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/">Off-the-Record private
conversation</a>. However, you do not have a plugin to support that.
*blah:* See <a
href="http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/">http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/</a>
for more information.

This is Gaim 1.3.0 on Linux with OTR 2.0.2. I get the same thing trying
to talk to Gaim and OTR running on windows.

Any hints to get this working would be much appreciated,

Gorilla.