[OTR-users] OTR : session setup messages, issue.

ben k bean62 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:39:40 EST 2005

I'm new to OTR and new to this list.  First, thanks for a great plugin.  I
use Gaim 1.2.0 on Win XP Pro.  I encouraged many folks from my office to use
your plugin so that the admin folks can't track what's being said all day
long, and I think the plugin is great.

The issue I'm having is minor, in that it only happens during the setup of a
session with someone and goes away after the private session is established,
but I wanted to see if I have something setup incorrectly, etc.  When I
first sent a message this morning to someone, the OTR: status was Not
Private (hadn't yet established...).  I didn't click on the button, I just
sent a message.  Here's what happened:

(10:34:56) MY_ID: test
(10:34:57) OTR Error: You sent unencrypted data to PERSON_X, who was
expecting encrypted messages from you.
(10:34:57) PERSON_X: ?OTR Error: You sent unencrypted data to PERSON_X, who
was expecting encrypted messages from you.
(10:34:57) PERSON_X:
?OTR: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.

The last message is really what I'm concerned about.  I also get that ?OTR:
    message when I click on the button to establish the connection.  Any
thoughts on whether or not I should do something differently?

Thanks again for providing this program/plugin.  And thanks in advance for
any suggestions or comments.

-ben