[OTR-users] OTR-proxy support voor non aim/icq ? (I like to Jabber with OTR using AdiumX)

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Wed Mar 23 16:16:11 EST 2005

Hello Aldert,

You could install the AdiumX beta and start using Jabber+OTR today.

Right here:  http://www.adiumx.com/beta.html

I talked to one of the AdiumX developers and he says that OTR should work
fine with this beta. I would be happy to help you test this. My Jabber ID
is 'dcarrera at jabber.org'

In turn, I would be grateful if you could write simple instructions on how
to use OTR in AdiumX. I have a friend who wants to use AdiumX to talk to me
with Jabber and OTR, and I'll see him later today. But I don't know how
Adium X does OTR. He can already talk to me using Jabber on AdiumX. We were
thinking of trying OTR later today. So, if you could write instructions for
that last part, I would be very grateful.

Cheers,
Daniel.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:53:02PM +0100, Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I installed today AdiumX (for OSX) to test some OTR stuff and in one
> go decided to 'ditch' iChat and start using AdiumX. Boy this tool rocks!
> AdiumX is the 'gaim for osx' I would say :) Perfect !
>
> As I now have AdiumX I also needed to install OTR-proxy and I realized
> that OTR-proxy only supports the usage of aim/icq in AdiumX, as I like
> to also OTR with my jabber enabled friends :
>
> - Any schedule for when OTR-proxy will support Jabber ?
>
> - And, more long term maybe, support for all non aim/icq IM protocols ?
>
> - I also noticed that the 0.8 version of Adium will support OTR out of
>   the box and I also wondered when this 0.8 version is due but that is
>   better a question for the AdiumX forum I guess :)
>
>   I ask this as here as it would be totally great if the behaviour for
>   setting OTR options per 'user' would be the same in Gaim and AdiumX...
>
> Aldert.
>
> ps, OTR    : http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/
>     AdiumX : http://www.adiumx.com/
>     Gaim   : http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.
http://oooauthors.org   |