[OTR-users] OTR-proxy support voor non aim/icq ? (I like to Jabber with OTR using AdiumX)

Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg aldert at rotz.org
Wed Mar 23 14:53:02 EST 2005

Hi Guys,

I installed today AdiumX (for OSX) to test some OTR stuff and in one
go decided to 'ditch' iChat and start using AdiumX. Boy this tool rocks!
AdiumX is the 'gaim for osx' I would say :) Perfect !

As I now have AdiumX I also needed to install OTR-proxy and I realized
that OTR-proxy only supports the usage of aim/icq in AdiumX, as I like
to also OTR with my jabber enabled friends :

- Any schedule for when OTR-proxy will support Jabber ?

- And, more long term maybe, support for all non aim/icq IM protocols ?

- I also noticed that the 0.8 version of Adium will support OTR out of
  the box and I also wondered when this 0.8 version is due but that is
  better a question for the AdiumX forum I guess :)

  I ask this as here as it would be totally great if the behaviour for
  setting OTR options per 'user' would be the same in Gaim and AdiumX...

Aldert.

ps, OTR    : http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/
    AdiumX : http://www.adiumx.com/
    Gaim   : http://gaim.sourceforge.net/