[OTR-users] gaim-otr plugin

Ryan R. Matt swimmerooo at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 16:13:48 EST 2005

Hello,

I am using Mandrake 10.1 so I downloaded the source
files and compiled them.

I installed libotr.2.0.1 without any problems. I
followed the readme's advice and downloaded and
installed pkg-config 0.15 with any problems. Then I
downloaded and compiled gaim-otr. So far no problem.
It installs in the proper directories (/usr/lib/gaim)
and I copy it to ~/.gaim and ~/.gaim/plugins as per
the README file.

I then opened up gaim and opened up the preferences
menu and selected the plugins menu. while searching
the menu i cannot find the Gaim-OTR plugin listed.

I don't know what other information to provide because
i'm not really sure what the problem is, i.e., I even
rebooted the system and logged in and still no luck
with getting gaim to register the plugin.

I have gaim-encryption right now, but my friend said
that OTR was better. I have gaim-devel installed as
well.

My gaim verision is 1.2.0.

Any advice would be greately appreciated.

Thank you for your courtesies.

Sincerely,

Ryan