[OTR-users] OTR on Mac OS X.

Len Sassaman rabbi at abditum.com
Sat Mar 12 21:00:38 EST 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Ok. She alternates between iChat and Adium X. Seems to prefer iChat.

Well, the proxy will work for either. (You'll have to consult the Adium X
docs to figure out how to configure a proxy, though.)

> > Launch it.
>
> Does she have to launch it every time she starts iChat?

Yes.

> What happens if she forgets?

iChat won't connect to AIM, and will give a "can't connect to proxy"
error, or somesuch.

> > Configure iChat to use the proxy: Preferences, server settings, use proxy,
> > localhost, port 8080, protocol HTTP.
>
> That looks simple enough. :-)

Yep. (Note, I'm pulling this off of my memory, and don't have a Mac in
front of me. So I can't describe the steps better -- there really should
be a FAQ and screenshots for this somewhere.) Also, you can't edit the
proxy settings while you're logged in. So, she'll have to disconnect from
AIM in order to do this.