[OTR-users] gaim-otr hangs on generating key

Ryan Bourque ryan.bourque at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 10:04:48 EDT 2005

I've recently been using gaim-otr with my own jabber server for a few
months with no problems at all, but I recently changed the domain
name, updated all of the accounts and wiped all of our user's gaim
settings.

Now whenever anyone attempts to generate a key, it hangs gaim and I
have to manually kill the gaim process.  The gaim debug output follows
whenever I click on "Generate key":

dns[11292]: nobody needs me... =(
select() error: Interrupted system call

It doesn't matter which account we generate a key for, it always hangs
gaim.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled gaim, gaim-otr, libotr1 and
libotr1-bin (debian sarge packages).