[OTR-users] otrproxy 0.2.0 for OSX does non-otr users not 'talk back'

Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg aldert at rotz.org
Thu Feb 24 19:13:02 EST 2005

Ian Goldberg wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 12:51:17AM +0100, Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg wrote:
>
>>This person does not have OTR installed.
>>He uses iChat.
>>He has an AIM network IM account.
>>
>>I am using OTRproxy for OSX and configured my iChat client
>>with https and port 8080. I have an .mac account and use iChat.
>

> Do you mean "http"?  iChat doesn't work with localhost https proxies,
> at least the version Nikita's got.

Yeah, I am not an evil coder so I did not change code myself :)

I meant HTTP (no S), sorry, bedtime here.

>>When I message him a 'chat' starts but I am the only person
>>who can type.
>>
>>He can not type 'back'
>>
>>There is just no reply box where he can type stuff -in-.
>

> So he can't even see what you type?

http://high5.net/ichat/ichat.jpg
This is his screen shot.

He can see what I type.
He cannot type back.
His iChat does not give him that possibility :)

Without OTRproxy we both can chat :)

fyi, I can replicate this with him.

     This situation seems not to happen with AIM users
     that use different clients.

For replication we/I need to find somebody with an AIM
account, using iChat on OSX and -no- OTRproxy for OSX installed.

Anybody here on the list that has this combo for us to try
to replicate this ?

Aldert.