[OTR-users] otrproxy 0.2.0 for OSX does non-otr users not 'talk back'

Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg aldert at rotz.org
Thu Feb 24 18:33:40 EST 2005

Ian Goldberg wrote:
> We've just put up Linux, Windows, and OSX packages (and source code, of
> course) for version 0.2.0 of otrproxy.
>
> otrproxy is a localhost proxy that should be usable with almost any
> AIM/ICQ client, on Linux, Windows, OSX, and probably others.  It enables
> the user to have "Off-the-Record" private conversations.
>
> This is version 0.2.0, which is a pre-release for people to play with.
> While we think it will work for most people, it's certainly missing some
> features, and probably has some bugs (gasp!).

When I have OTRproxy 0.2.0 for OSX installed I notice a problem;

   When talking to an OTR enabled friend it works but when talking to
   an excisting buddy that is not otr enabled he can not 'talk back'
   to me. There is no Reply Box on -his- screen.

   http://high5.net/ichat/ichat.jpg

   This person has an AIM account.

   (with otrproxy for windows and Miranda IM I cannot get connected to
    the AIM network at all, maybe something new that 'broke' AIM with
    OTR ?)

Aldert.