[OTR-users] proposed ui change

Kat Hanna kat at paip.net
Mon Feb 21 19:40:02 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm working on the ui for the proxy, and noticed something that I think
ought to be changed in the gaim-otr preferences ui, and then done
correctly for the proxy.  ;-)

The list of Known Fingerprints includes people with whom I'm currently
communicating, but for whom I do not have a fingerprint.  I think that's
kind of confusing.  I propose removing those people from that list.  The
only purpose served by including them is to provide a way to initiate a
private conversation from that panel.  Under gaim-otr I can initiate a
private conversation with such a person in the more usual way, starting
a gaim conversation then hitting the OTR button.  For the proxy,
there'll be another easy, ui-based, way to do it.

The main question I have is this:  Is anyone who currently uses gaim-otr
really attached to the ability to initiate a private conversation, with
someone for whom you don't have a fingerprint, from the Known
Fingerprints panel in the prefs?

 -Kat