[OTR-dev] OTR-dev Digest, Vol 75, Issue 1

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Wed May 6 06:51:33 EDT 2015

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 12:11:53AM +0200, Allan Nordhøy wrote:
> Change the colours and you have all modes. Red for "not private", Yellow
> for "unverified" and Green for "authenticated".

Unfotunately, one can't use only a colour change to indicate something
like this, for the sake of people who cannot see the colours.  Having an
OTR logo is great, and something we've indeed wanted for a while, and
this is at the very least a good starting point; thanks!  But I don't
think we should use (coloured versions of) it for the security state
indicators.

Another logo idea previously proposed was some stylized form of "OTR" in
a speech bubble; I suggested making it a dashed speech bubble (denoting
whispering), but then I never heard back.