[OTR-dev] pidgin-otr release for Debian Jessie?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Oct 15 13:49:09 EDT 2014

Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> writes:

> After I build the tarballs (so they can go in distros), I'll have a go
> at building the Windows binary...
>
> Does that sound reasonable?  I'll also accept bugfixes to the above
> plan, if need be.  ;-)

That sounds fine, except that packaging systems will want to start with
a release tarball and update the pkg and see if it is all ok, which then
can lead to a respin.   So I'd suggest putting up a 'make dist' draft
output as early as is sane to let that process get going.

(I tend to update libotr and pidgin-otr in pkgsrc.)