[OTR-dev] pidgin-otr release for Debian Jessie?

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Oct 15 13:03:41 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 06:42:38PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm part of the people who maintain pidgin-otr in Debian. The freeze
> for Debian Jessie is on November 5, which means we have to upload
> anything we want to see in there by October 25.
>
> The last upstream release was more than 2 years ago, and since then,
> a lot of stuff has accumulated in Git. In particular, translations
> have been greatly improved (e.g. the French translation in 4.0.0 has
> many issues, which were fixed in Git a year ago).
>
> Is there any chance that the current state of the Git repo, or
> something close, is released upstream in the next ten days?
>
> Thanks in advance :)

The plan with David was to send me any bug-fix branches for code review,
and then put out libotr 4.0.1 (though it may be 4.1.0, as one of the
patches added API functions to a .h file).  I did a bunch of them
yesterday (you saw my post), but I don't know how many more are coming.

So here's what I'll do:

libotr:

I'll code review and merge (assuming code review passes, of course) any
bug-fix branches David sends me by this Saturday, 18 Oct, at noon UTC.
Then I'll make a release_4.1.0 branch off of devel, update the README,
ChangeLog, etc., and make the tarball.

pidgin-otr:

If I get any more bug-fix branches by the above deadline, I'll review
those as well.  Then I'll branch release_4.0.1 off of master, etc.

So libotr will be version 4.1.0 and pidgin-otr will be version 4.0.1.

[Paul: if you want updates to the spec files to be in the
tarball/release itself, now's the time to send those as well.]

After I build the tarballs (so they can go in distros), I'll have a go
at building the Windows binary...

Does that sound reasonable?  I'll also accept bugfixes to the above
plan, if need be.  ;-)

Thanks,