[OTR-dev] [guardian-dev] OTR Data is alive!

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Sep 6 00:38:56 EDT 2013

On 09/06/2013 12:30 AM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> The file transfer is fully encrypted
> using the "extra symmetric key" of OTRv3, and the conduit for transfer
> are the TLV data fields in the OTR protocol itsel

Just one correction from a little birdie on my shoulder... (my brain is
mush from having a newborn baby again)

We are not using the extra key, since the TLV fields are inband within
OTR. No need to double encrypt. This also means the work is not specific
to OTRv3.

We had discussed using the extra key for out of band transfer, using one
of the standard XMPP mechanisms, but so far, using the TLV method seems
to be working amazingly well.

+n