[OTR-dev] OTR implementation Question

Darrik Mazey darrik.lists at darmasoft.com
Sat Oct 5 15:48:23 EDT 2013

Alireza,

I wrote a xmpp client that implements otr in python (using the excellent
python-otr library) and used it across Openfire easily enough.  I also
have had decent experiences with ejabberd.  Those are the only two I can
speak to.

However, for the requirements of your assignment, I would expect that
any functional xmpp server will do, and your base (minimal)
implementation could just support the smallest subset of iq's.  Given
you are initially going to run this proprietarily across two android
phones running the same code, worrying about the xmpp server in the
middle is probably unnecessary as they won't vary much in the handling
of the iq's you'll need.  I'd shoot for ease of setup and platform
support on your laptop (is a version available for your package manager?).

Cheers,
Darrik