[OTR-dev] finch & otr

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Fri Jun 28 14:00:15 EDT 2013

Hi,

am on this list since some months but found no time for reading so far.
Now I enjoyed the threads very much. Maybe I will give irssi-otr a try
in the near future. I hope I can help with testing while learning in
this fine community.

For finch with otr integration I used [1] some months ago and it
worked pretty well. Now I am stuck with a configure error.

[1] https://gitorious.org/purple-otr

$ autoreconf -s -i
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am. # DONE
automake: warnings are treated as errors
/usr/share/automake-1.13/am/ltlibrary.am: warning: 'purple-otr.la': linking libtool libraries using a non-POSIX
/usr/share/automake-1.13/am/ltlibrary.am: archiver requires 'AM_PROG_AR' in 'configure.ac' # DONE

Patch is attached for the warnings. Please have a look as I have no
clue what this means exactly.

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
/home/kardan/build/purple-otr/missing: Unknown `--is-lightweight' option
Try `/home/kardan/build/purple-otr/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: 'missing' script is too old or missing

--is-lightweight appears anytime aclocal is run again. Don't know,
where aclocal (1.13.3) takes it from but obviously the missing script
needs an update?

scriptversion=2005-06-08.21

Maybe there are chances to get finch with otr integration into jessie
(testing) for the next stable release. In  debian the libotr2->libotr5
transition [2] is queued, without any progress so far. The maintainer
directed me upstream.

[2] http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/libotr5.html

> < http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=702359
> >> So arches where libotr2-dev didn't build previously (from a
> >> previous version?) are lost, FTBFS.
This is not my concern at the moment. Just wanted to let you know.
I installed libotr-4.0.0 from unstable without problems.

Kardan