[OTR-dev] finch & otr

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Thu Jul 4 18:40:00 EDT 2013

On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 12:16:00 -0400
Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 02:50:57AM +0200, kardan wrote:

> > > The above error says it can't find the libotr 3.x headers, which
> > > is possibly because you've got the libotr 4.x headers installed.
> > > What does your /usr/include/libotr/version.h say?
> >
> > You are right again, it says
> >
> > #define OTRL_VERSION "4.0.0"
>
> There you go, then.  You'll need the libotr 3.x headers and libraries
> to compile an application that expects that version of libotr.

Sure, just easy as that.. I think I was too confused be the previous
errors and forgot to install all dependencies. Added a hint to INSTALL.

In finch I found no way to authenticate the buddy. The option dialogue
for the message window (CTRL+o/F10) does not offer it. Is this
implemented?

Also one dialogue (buddy list -> F11 -> OTR preferences) shows "_Set"
and "_Cancel". I wonder how to translate this as it does not appear in
po/de.po, only in
purple-ui.c:210:        _("_Set"), G_CALLBACK(config_buddy_cb),
purple-ui.c:211:        _("_Cancel"), NULL,
otr-plugin.c:1071:      _("_Cancel"), NULL,

Please give feedback if the attached patches are useful in this way.

Thanks for all your help!
Kardan