[OTR-dev] OTR message delivery acknowledgement

Vlad Ion vlad.thoth at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 08:14:19 EST 2013

Dear OTR Devs,

I am using ORT with Pidgin and I seem to be losing messages whenever the
wifi connection is acting up.

It would be absolutely amazing if OTR could also do some hash of the
message and expect a reply with that hash within 5-10 seconds and a failure
to receive that hash would instantly let the sending party know their
message was not delivered. This would drastically increase the reliability
of these encrypted messages.

Is anyone working on a simple delivery acknowledgement method to ensure
that messages get to the other end and that any such failure to do so is
reported?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your replies,
Vlad