[OTR-dev] mpOTR redux - now in git

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Feb 14 20:04:36 EST 2013

Nadim Kobeissi:
> Jacob, as it stands you are currently plagiarizing from the Cryptocat
> Project. You have not asked for our permission to take our content and list
> it as your own, and you have not properly credited any of the contributors
> to the specification or mentioned its original source.

The wiki where it was hosted did not credit me or any of the other
authors after it was taken out of the CryptoCat git.

I'm one of the original authors of the document, I'm not sure why you
think that you own my work product?

Nor am I sure why you think you own the work of everyone else who wrote
the document and thought it would be handled in good faith.

If you feel that there are missing credits, I'm happy to add them - the
point is to make a living document simply about the mpOTR specification.

I'm happy to talk further off list but I don't think this list is
productive or relevant to development of OTR.

All the best,
Jacob