[OTR-dev] Pidgin Message Splitter Does Not Work with OTR

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Aug 1 08:06:38 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:58:54AM -0700, mentesseg at gmail.com wrote:
> Could someone please looking into patching the pidgin OTR plugin so
> it works with the Message Splitter plugin?  As it stands now, having
> the OTR plugin installed overrides the Message Splitter working at
> all.  It's incredibly annoying.

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before; let's see if I
remember.

So you're saying that if the OTR plugin is installed, then even if
you're *not* speaking with an OTR-enabled buddy, Message Splitter is not
being invoked?  I'm not sure what would be happening there, as if you're
not speaking OTR, pidgin-otr's process_sending_im is a no-op.

(I'll also note that if you *are* speaking OTR, then OTR itself does
message splitting.)

Can you be more explicit about the failure you're seeing, possibly with
a call trace?  (And what version of pidgin-otr are you using?)

Thanks,