[OTR-dev] 4.0.0-rc3 ready to roll. Please try it out!

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Mon Sep 3 19:47:09 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 07:40:54PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I'll look into this more; probably when libotr is really released and I
> update - then I can point people to it easily.

OK.  My plan is to release it for real tomorrow morning.

> It would be really nice to have a test case run with make check.
> Perhaps just creating two contexts and having them communicate and see
> if it ends up with transferred plaintext.   Then it's much easier to
> test this.

Fair enough.  In the git repo, there's a test_suite directory that
contains code much like that, but it also tests interoperability with
past versions of OTR, tests Alice and/or Bob running multiple clients at
once, etc.  It's not in the tarball, though; perhaps it (or a simplified
version) should be.  Not for tomorrow, though.

Thanks,