[OTR-dev] 4.0.0-rc3 ready to roll. Please try it out!

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Sep 1 10:16:18 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 08:22:54PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

>   [rc3 tarballs]
>
> I'm going through updating pkgsrc, and have included my notes of what
> happened when building on netbsd-5 ("NetBSD 5.1_STABLE"), i386.
>
> 1) libotr installs (relative to $PREFIX):
>
>   include/libotr/context_priv.h
>
> which seems like a bug (obviously a libotr-private header, not to be
> used by others), but perhaps not.

It's intentional that it's in the public include.  It's not the cleanest
thing, though, I admit.

> 2) in libotr/NEWS, there are no entries for 3.2.1, which makes me
> suspicious, but there are 4.0.0 entries, which I'll use for the pkgsrc
> commit message.

3.2.1 was branched off of 3.2.0.  The 4.0.0 code seperately included the
fixes that it needed (which wasn't all of them).

> 3) in libotr, gmake check didn't run tests :-(
> I'd expect :-).
>
> 4) pidgin-otr built and seems to work as far as sending start
> conversation requests, but all of my paranoid friends are currently
> disconnected from the intertubes.
>
> 5) in pidgin-otr, gmake check didn't run tests :-(
>
> 6) I found climm (icq?), which depends on libotr, but it built with the
> new version.

climm built with libotr 4?  A quick look at their source code says that
can't be true.  (Their OtrlMessageAppOps structure is the old one, for
example.)  Can you check your build?

Thanks,