[OTR-dev] Active fingerprint context pointer possible issue

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Nov 22 07:09:36 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 04:42:31PM -0500, David Goulet wrote:
> > Is the issue that active_fingerprint->context is pointing to the
> > master context?  (i.e. is ctx->m_context ==
> > ctx->active_fingerprint->context ?) If not, can you tell where it
> > is pointing?
>
> Yes it is!
>
> So, what's the procedure here if I want to get the "current" context
> of the active fingerprint to verify it's message state?
>
> Thanks!
> David

David,

Can you say a little more about what you're trying to do?  I'm not sure
I follow.  You're in a gone_secure callback, and you want to make sure
you really are in ENCRYPTED?  I would hope that would always be true,
but just looking at ctx directly would tell you.  How does the active
fingerprint fit in?

Thanks,

   - Ian

[Note that I will be offline pretty much the rest of today, for reasons
obvious to people in the US.  ;-) ]