[OTR-dev] Browser extensions for OTR

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Jun 27 20:33:03 EDT 2012

On 06/27/2012 08:23 PM, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> No, the issue is that the javascript *on the GTalk page* might be
> intercepting your typing and doing whatever with it (including sending
> it back to Google).  Much in the same way that the Google search bar
> "autocompletes" today by sending each keystroke back to Google.

I wonder if there is a way to isolate the chat into its own window, that
could assure DOM/context separation from the Google or Facebook chat
window, but still read/write into their chat stream.

Imagine a Firebug like frame/pane that opens from the bottom of your
browser, and it is in this that you have your OTR chat. Only ciphertext
is ever passed in/out of the Google/Facebook DOM.

+n