[OTR-dev] libotr/pidgin-otr 4.0.0 "beta2" release and win32 build

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Jun 21 18:00:16 EDT 2012

Thanks for all of your feedback on 4.0.0-beta1!  We've built a beta2
in the usual place:

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/libotr-4.0.0-beta2.tar.gz
http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/libotr-4.0.0-beta2.tar.gz.asc

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-beta2.tar.gz
http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-beta2.tar.gz.asc

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-0-beta2.exe
http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-0-beta2.exe.asc

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-beta2.zip
http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-beta2.zip.asc

This is still not for production use, but we'd love more feedback,
notices of weird behaviours, or crash reports.

As before:

Translators: We would appreciate your help with updating the pidgin-otr
translations. There are a few new strings, mostly regarding the support for
multiple OTR sessions with the same buddy.  Please send us your updated
.po files as soon as possible, so we can include them in the 4.0.0
release.

Packagers: Please don't release this beta. We're hoping to first get more
feedback from people on this list. If you want updated .spec files included
in the source tree, though, please send them along.

Thanks!

   - Ian and Rob