[OTR-dev] libotr/pidgin-otr 4.0.0 "beta1" release and win32 build

Rob Smits rdfsmits at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jun 8 10:50:05 EDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for helping us find some bugs with our initial 4.0.0 beta. We've put
together a libotr/pidgin-otr 4.0.0 "beta1" release and win32 build. The
sourceforge git has been updated, and the tarballs and win32 builds can
be found here:

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/libotr-4.0.0-beta1.tar.gz
http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/libotr-4.0.0-beta1.tar.gz.asc

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-beta1.tar.gz
http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-beta1.tar.gz.asc

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-0-beta1.exe
http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-0-beta1.exe.asc

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-beta1.zip
http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-beta1.zip.asc

Since our initial 4.0.0 beta, this version includes various bug fixes and
updated documentation. Pidgin-otr 4.0.0 has now also received a code review.
The plugin now gives an annoying warning upon initialization, so you don't
accidentally forget that it's a beta release ;)

Translators: We would appreciate your help with updating the pidgin-otr
translations. There are a few new strings, mostly regarding the support for
multiple OTR sessions with the same buddy.  Please send us your updated
.po files as soon as possible, so we can include them in the 4.0.0
release.

Packagers: Please don't release this beta. We're hoping to first get more
feedback from people on this list. If you want updated .spec files included
in the source tree, though, please send them along.

Thanks!

Rob and Ian