[OTR-dev] 4.0.0-rc3 ready to roll. Please try it out!

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Fri Aug 31 20:22:54 EDT 2012

  [rc3 tarballs]

I'm going through updating pkgsrc, and have included my notes of what
happened when building on netbsd-5 ("NetBSD 5.1_STABLE"), i386.

1) libotr installs (relative to $PREFIX):

  include/libotr/context_priv.h

which seems like a bug (obviously a libotr-private header, not to be
used by others), but perhaps not.

2) in libotr/NEWS, there are no entries for 3.2.1, which makes me
suspicious, but there are 4.0.0 entries, which I'll use for the pkgsrc
commit message.

3) in libotr, gmake check didn't run tests :-(
I'd expect :-).

4) pidgin-otr built and seems to work as far as sending start
conversation requests, but all of my paranoid friends are currently
disconnected from the intertubes.

5) in pidgin-otr, gmake check didn't run tests :-(

6) I found climm (icq?), which depends on libotr, but it built with the
new version.